Paxata Launches Intelligent Ingest at Strata Data Conference 2017
Fall ’17 Release will include Algorithmic Intelligence which automates ingest process for rapid time to value
New York (Strata Data 2017, Booth #815) – Sept. 26, 2017 – Paxata, the pioneer and leader in empowering all business consumers to intelligently transform raw data into ready information instantaneously, today announced the early availability of Paxata’s Intelligent Ingest as part of its next major release of the company’s award-winning Adaptive Information Platform. The new automated ingest capabilities will significantly simplify the ability for business consumers to swiftly incorporate data from any cloud or format to prepare data for business analysis.
“The Unilog team is highly anticipating Paxata’s new Intelligent Ingest capability,” said Noah Kays, Director of Content Subscriptions at Unilog. “The new functionality will significantly enhance Paxata’s platform, and further streamline processes with greater flexibility. Our team is specifically excited as it will enable us to quickly understand unknown file types, and allows us to preview, validate the file content, and select the right fields across multiple data sources all in the same step. This augments our own internal efforts to make large amounts of varied data available to all levels of business and data analysts. Paxata continues to fuel the democratization of data across our organization leading to faster analysis and driving deeper insights.”
Paxata Fall ’17 provides business consumers:
- Intelligent Detection
- Intelligently detect and import all file types: XML, JSON, AVRO, Parquet, compressed and files with no extensions
- Ability to search repository using wild card
- Preview & Selection
- Search fields; Preview & validate content; Select a subset; Rename and reorder columns as part of ingest; Multi-select files
- Multi-Upload & Security
- Combine multiple imports into one
- Smart to show for only the files where you have permissions
- Delegate import authentication to individual users
“Being able to access raw data in data lakes is half the battle in data preparation,” said Dave Wells, Practice Director, Data Management at Eckerson Group. “Paxata’s new Intelligent Ingest capability brings a new level of automation to the ingest process, giving business people immediate access to useful information.”
“Automating the ingest process is the next leap forward in our continued pursuit to change the life of business consumers by empowering them to turn raw data into information,” said Nenshad Bardoliwalla, Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer at Paxata. “Paxata Intelligent Ingest automatically detects data formats and compression types and allows for easy ingest of any kind of data whether the data is in an on-premises or cloud data lake. Business consumers can now exploit the business value of a myriad of different data types in the data lake without having to know anything about their underlying storage format. ”
The Paxata Fall ’17 release also provides a number of additional enterprise data preparation platform capabilities including:
- Automated Connector Upgrades: when new connector versions are installed in a tenant, all existing configurations are upgraded automatically including automated jobs.
- Self-service automation improvements, including kick-starting jobs on demand, ownership transfer between users, and a new user experience with rich filtering.
Visit us at Strata Data Conference, New York, September 26 – 28, 2017
- Expo Hall: Booth #815
- Breakout Session: A Winning Combination: The power of big data and the democracy of information (sponsored by Paxata)
- Paxata Adaptive Information Platform – Solution Brief
- Intelligent Ingest – Overview
- Intelligent Ingest – Video
Paxata is the pioneer in empowering all business consumers to intelligently transform raw data into ready information, instantly with an enterprise-grade, self-service, scalable, intelligent platform. Our Adaptive Information Platform weaves data into an information fabric from any source, any cloud, or any enterprise to create trusted information. With Paxata, business consumers use clicks, not code to achieve results in minutes, not months. Companies around the globe rely on Paxata to get smart about information at the speed of thought. Be an Information Inspired Business.